- Streaming services of all kinds are now in the crosshairs. Thanks, SCOTUS! http://t.co/eX7No6fnEd ->
- In which cable pretends they have nothing to do with rate hikes. http://t.co/cYWWy1H0PK ->
- Tribune writer George Pyle: UTOPIA's competition is necessary for net neutrality in Utah. http://t.co/1iBP7uTLDo ->
- Broadband Bytes for 2014-06-27 http://t.co/cXtlKOoLFM ->
- Lewis Billings: despite its issues, UTOPIA is vital infrastructure. http://t.co/d7qEGL8fLe ->
- Despite how equitable the plan is, Macquarie may need to drop the utility fee to move forward. #utpol http://t.co/OiUSKtJ6y8 ->
- UTOPIA's board is meeting this week and it's assumed they'll be talking about Macquarie. http://t.co/CnALRLNwWh ->
- XMission: this encrypted message will self-destruct. http://t.co/DbIs6mkds9 ->
- The Standard-Examiner's article on the Macquarie votes taken so far. http://t.co/Vncdgmky5N ->
- You're footing the power bill for Comcast's free WiFi. http://t.co/2CgUUyj7B3 ->
- Signing away your franchise authority to Google may not work out so well. http://t.co/CyoybqdmpV ->
- Allowing companies to act in the interest of their financial security while calling it network security? That's bad. http://t.co/DBRGDiSxfo ->
- SCOTUS may have reversed the recent Cablevision ruling and not even your lawyer knows for sure. http://t.co/bFit9t20yN ->
- The UTOPIA board votes follow the city council votes on moving forward with Macquarie. http://t.co/8K2dszgqxe ->
- Google realized that closing signups in the summer in a COLLEGE TOWN was really, REALLY stupid. http://t.co/J8Avak6b8K ->
- The DNews article on the UTOPIA board vote. http://t.co/GTDdov6x5v ->
- "Nobody needs a gigabit!" Except that the average download demand will hit 165Mbps this decade. http://t.co/yMWx3pVDNm ->
- This long read on monopolies is particularly applicable to telecom. http://t.co/QvZn7Siss0 ->
- Yes, the Internet is a utility on par with electricity. http://t.co/Bx4lB6Hanp ->
- Building networks is not enough. We need to train people on how to use them. http://t.co/7Qav8voqXE ->
- Aereo's last hope is lobbying a do-nothing Congress. So yeah, they're kind of hosed. http://t.co/bgnE6WVJTh ->
- Comcast has inside people at the DOJ working their merger case. http://t.co/KvLJdM2WM6 ->
- If you're in Layton, some residents are trying to put together a cottage meeting on UTOPIA and Macquarie. http://t.co/BTT2QSkD2B ->
- There are plenty of things you need quality wired broadband for. Wireless won't cut it. http://t.co/xHDwt94mUG ->
- Streaming is gaining on cable. http://t.co/qywXpjMOyb ->
Nothing that I know of. If you know of something upcoming, drop me a line so I can get it posted.
The podcast is currently on hiatus.
Visit the Show Page on BlogTalkRadio!
Tag Cloud#utpol AT&T Brigham City Broadband Bytes broadband stimulus Broadweave Centerville CenturyLink Comcast competition Cox DOCSIS 3.0 FCC FIOS FTTN google Google Fiber Hulu iProvo Layton Macquarie Mstar Netflix Nuvont Orem Perry Podcast Prime Time Communications Provo Qwest SAA service providers Sprint Time Warner Tremonton U-CAN UIA Utah Taxpayers Association UTOPIA Veracity Veracity Networks Verizon VoIP WiMax XMission
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 3.0 United States License.