- Comcast will start capping their data transfer caps at 250Gig per month on Oct 1st.
- Dish Network has started offering HD and SD content in MPEG4 format. Other providers cable and DirectTV are only providing HD content in MPEG4 format.
- Qwest is trying to get Comcast taxed as a telco here in Utah.
- Google says they need more undersea bandwidth and traditional providers can’t provide. So they are building more of their own. From an older article on the same subject “Google has so much cash, it’s now competing head-to-head the world’s biggest telcos.”
- I wish this study came out when I was still in school. Then I would have had a better excuse for the 2nd phone line for the modem back in the day. Apparently broadband at home helps kids get better grades.
Update: Sorry for the dupe on the Comcast cap thing. I guess I should check the front page before posting.