- Broadband Bytes for 2015-04-17 http://t.co/rsQXFIm0dP ->
- Hear a panel discussion about gigabit networks in Utah. (Or, you know, go in person if that's your thing.) http://t.co/0eVmGLNoyH ->
- What, Netflix, you didn't know you were making a deal with the devil? http://t.co/qnt0YEW3Rz ->
- Verizon gets awfully close to unbundling channels. http://t.co/iD0bIbRVZI ->
- A range of 50m? Seriously? Yawn. http://t.co/05YN2tH0JM ->
- Maybe someone could let ALEC know about the Streisand Effect. http://t.co/tAAtO0a1wY ->
- I'm sick of waiting for Macquarie and the MS2 cities to make a decision. #utpol http://t.co/5Ie3UfPOAG ->
- Is being a telco still your main business when you spend so much time suing other people? http://t.co/2Lsb0e8xoj ->
- Sprint is pretty sure that robust competition is good for its bottom line. http://t.co/J3qThccWrk ->
- Google jumps into the cell service business as an MVNO. http://t.co/kBwe8NUOTu ->
- Apparently "price for life" excludes all of the nonsense surcharges on your CenturyLink bill. http://t.co/pcryGnGX2z ->
- The Comcast-TWC deal is deal. http://t.co/1E0qkaKifM ->
- What is missed: CenturyLink is getting a boatload of public money to build a closed network. http://t.co/XLpzWGwTLJ ->
- CCINO: Cable Company In Name Only? http://t.co/5sn53pImkR ->
- Conspicuously absent from the list: fix customer service issues and improve broadband services. http://t.co/j3TDl0v35b ->
Broadband Bytes for 2015-04-24
Tagged Broadband Bytes. Bookmark the permalink.
CenturyLink just upgraded my area from adsl2+ to vdsl, which for some stupid reason the upload is still stuck at 896kbits. Centurylink what are you thinking, TCP checksums alone will need more then that on a 40meg service, let alone if you are uploaded anything with it.
Not that is matters tho, the lines in the area are so faulty that the service is unusable, and vdsl proly only makes this worse.
Tryed to tell the sales guy they sent around that the problem with service to my house was in the wire from the node to the ped box, when we had their service it would go out whenever it rained, or the sprinklers turned on, or it got to cool outside. The phone service still worked however(tho it got staticy), so they always refused to fix it, or the tech would blame issues on rocky mountain power.
I told the guy if they would replace the line and let me have my ISP back(xmission), i would buy the service. haven’t heard back from him.